Sunday, February 11, 2007

Berkeley and Such

OK, busy weekend. My parents flew in from St. Louis on Friday night. They spent the night at my apartment on my guest air mattress. My Dad had an Ophthalmology meeting up in San Francisco very early on Saturday, so he took the rental car up. Mom and I got up a little later and headed over to see Nathan, Kathy, and Arthur. The poor little man had been sick for a few days, and that was sad, but he was happy to see his Grandma. Mom and I took Caltrain to SF around noon to meet Dad after his meeting (which ran over 40 minutes late).

We took off across the Bay Bridge to head to Berkeley to meet some Northern California AC's for lunch, fellowship, and a Bible study. We met Jake Plattner along with Jill, Jason, and little Reuben Carr at The Claremont Resort & Spa for a delicious lunch. It is quite the building, very European, and very beautiful. After lunch we drove up into the hills to Jake's house for the Bible study.

My parents and I headed back to Redwood City for a quiet evening with the family and some Italian takeout. After a big lunch at Stacks Mom and Dad headed back to St. Louis, where they arrived safe.

No comments: