Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whale Watching

We took a tour this morning with the Pacific Whale Foundation to see some humpback whales. I have enjoyed trips like this in the past, but it is usually just seeing them spout. Today though we got a good view of some courting behavior with a group of about 12 whales. It was amazing to see many head lunges out of the water, and quite a few good fluke dives. The group were visible from far away. As we got close they kept changing directions and circled around the boat. I was able to get a few videos using my phone, but it is hard to get really good shots. I needed some more camera savvy members of the family along with a good SLR.





I was able to upload the videos directly from the Droid, but it would only let me do it when I was connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot.

No comments: