Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Battle of the Economic Schools

I got a chuckle out of the econostories.tv video "Fear the Boom and Bust". The one thing I have not seen is a Keynesian explain how the government stimulus in Japan failed after over a decade of massive government stimulus and spending. How is the current government approach different? Are there examples of Keynesian stimulus that we can see worked? It seems to me that the government has been trying to keep bubbles inflated for the last ten years. They want housing prices to stay high, so they make low interest loans, give a rebate to buyers, and modify loans. Last I checked housing prices were high compared to income on a historical basis. How is that good for the general population.

I am not convinced that the Austrian School is correct, but I don't have a lot of faith (backed up with facts) that the Keynesian approach reflects reality.

1 comment:

my 607 yes said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site. I am hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own blog now Welcome to visit my website:Coachバッグ