Friday, May 19, 2006

I have to ask myself, why?

So it occurred to me that what is happening to me and my life may be interesting to a small number of people (perhaps my mother), but everyone else might want something more. To that end I intend to have more then just updates of my life here. Rest assured I will still talk about myself as often as possible, but there should be more here too.

I am going on a trip to Israel next Tuesday. To that end I have decided that I should practice with my camera so that I can get some good photos. To the right here is a photo of my back yard and house from the southeast. If anyone has any tips on photography, digital or otherwise, feel free to share.

I also invested in two tripods for better picture taking. One is the Promaster D1 the other is this funky gorillapod that I will probably take along because it is so much smaller. The gorillapod is cool because it can hang or stand pretty much anywhere, but it seems like it will take some work to get pictures that are pointed where I want and at the correct angle.

And over to the left is a picture I took of my niece when I was out in Burbank, CA over Easter. I mean, really, too cute for words. I really like my camera because it is so small and light. I know that if it was too large I would not take it anywhere.

So recently I have been thinking about what I am doing next in my life. There are one or two things I have always had something on my plate. Like graduating from college or getting my post-college job. Now that those are out of the way I have so many options now that it is a little staggering.

There are things I want to do in my spare time like learn a musical instrument or two. Perhaps actually get good at a foreign language. Perhaps co-found a successful technical company (hey I can dream can't I?) And, you know, other things.

I now have a link on the blog to what is essentially my mom's blog. She started it to talk about my dad's health and current situation, but she keeps updating it for now.

Well I guess that if life is a road I am still just traveling down it. At least I have a road atlas to life to rely on and give me some direction. There I went and talked about myself the whole post, but I did include some pictures and links to at least give you some more content.

No comments: