Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hiking California

I almost cannot believe that I moved out to California almost one month ago. It has been a very busy month, so I am glad that I have been able to stay at home the last two weekends. The last two Saturdays I have gone hiking with my brother, sister-in-law and little Arthur pictured here. You can find my uploaded pictures form hiking here.

This last weekend my parents flew in to visit me and make sure that I was settling in OK. I was happy to accomodate them for a few nights on my guest airbed. The hike we went on togather was pretty long, probably about six to seven miles with a pretty steep vertical climb for the last mile (it was all uphill from the ocean). We were hiking in McNee Rance State Park up the side of Montara Mountain (we hiked the yellow trail from the left and took the split off on the purple trail till we could see over the mountain). We were a little dissapointed when we reached the top and our view of San Francisco was blocked by the clouds. The first half of the hike was through some pretty thick fog also. On the way down it was a little dangerous because of how steep it was. Mom just had on some tennis shoes and slipped and fell two times. She was carrying little Arthur in his backpack so it was a little tense. So I got to carry Arthur on my back most of the way down until he got fussy and hungry.

I am getting a little better with my camera, and was able to take some good shots of flowers and the fog. I am really enjoying all the outdoor activities that California offers and hope to spend lots of weekends enjoying some nature. The fog on the mountain was very majestic and beautiful.

We had a little Bible study on Sunday reading out of Ezekiel 33 which in part discusses that if we turn from our path and follow him we will live and the people declared in verse 20 that "The way of the Lord is not equal." They were right, because God is both just and merciful and will restore us if we turn to Him.

On the weekend that my parents were not here I called in to Altadena to listen to their service. I first tried it with my cell phone, but that was not a very easy way to listen. So I checked out Skype. I have not yet tried to talk to anyone, but just listening on my computer worked very well. I think I will get a local number through skype, because it does not cost much per year. Also calling out for the rest of the year is completly free! And, I know some people going to Mexico soon, and it looks like calls to Mexico are free this weekend (July 22-23). I think I might be hooked on voip.

1 comment:

Tifani said...

I was hooked once on Skype...but the only friend I had isn't on anymore. :( oh well