Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Comics Hijinks

This guy makes me laugh out loud as I read his posts dissecting the daily comics. I actually enjoy some of the comics, but so many are bland, or are soap operas that I don't have the patients for. However, these daily examinations of such comics are too much for me to handle.

The comics in the papers seem to be dying out, in part because of the way papers handle voting. When cutting space for more "important" things (like Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson divorcing) they have people vote for their favorites and least favorites. This leaves a few good comics that everyone likes, and all the bland ones that people have no real reaction to. The ones that in some way excite a negative emotion from some people get cut, while the ones that excite no emotion are left. Thus Garfield is still running.

No comments: