Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Shark Tank

Last night my Dad led a bible study examining the metaphor of the church being the bride of Christ in terms of Jewish marriage practices of the time. Most of the information he presented was totally new to me, and really gave a better reference for many comments Christ makes in this area.

This morning my parents found out that their flight was canceled, but found out that a new flight was out at 4pm, so we had the morning to do a few more things. We hit San Francisco with Nathan, Kathy, and Arthur. The Palace of Fine Arts is always a good little spot to enjoy the outdoors. We talked and looked out over the bay and at the Golden Gate.

This evening Nathan invited me along to the HP Pavilion (The Shark Tank) down in San Jose to watch the Sharks play the Philadelphia Flyers. It was a pretty lopsided game finishing up for the Sharks 6-1. It was my first time to attend a sports game in a box seat. We were invited to the game by a friend of Nathan and Kathy's that works for a company that does a sort of timeshare with sports box seats.

Hopefully, on Sunday I will be able to acquire a Nintendo Wii as it is launched today. I think I will be able to pick one up at the local Target, but have some backup stores in mind if they sell out.

No comments: