Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Over the weekend the Aberles took me to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California. I found it very enlighting, seeing as how his second term as president started the year I was born. I didn't really know that much about the Reagan Administration before going, somehow this history was lacking from my schooling. The big item of interest there is the Air Force One that has been retired, complete with the Nuclear Football. I have now been to two Presential Libraries. Abraham Lincoln's in Illinois is also quite impressive.

I will not link to the Library website as I have found it one of the most annoying sites to navigate (it opens a new window for every link).

2 comments:

Tifani said...

Steph got to serve Mr. Gorbachev supper one time

Tifani said...

just a fun fact