Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sandy Eggo

Last weekend in San Diego was fun. Dad was at an ophthalmological conference at the big convention center there. Flying into town is very nice, with the airport right new downtown. They have a good number of hotels near the convention center, with restaurants to boot. We stayed in the Westin right next to the Gaslamp quarter.

Balboa park is beautiful and impressive. I would really like to spend some more time there, and it would be a great place to bike around. There was a lot of activity there on Saturday, and the architecture of the buildings and museums is worth getting across town to see it.

Sunday morning we drove up to Escondido where the AC church is. I had met a few of the young members who visited up to Altadena on a few occasions. I will have to get down to the far south to revisit.

On Sunday afternoon we took the short tour of the U.S.S. Midway which has been converted into a carrier museum. I wish we could have spent more time there, but we got in 1 hour and 15 minutes before they closed. I had not realized just how much of a navy town San Diego is. There were many navy ships docked all around the bay. Mom and I spent some time in Marina Park watching all the sailboats, jet skies and Motorboats cruising around.

I forgot my camera, so perhaps I will be able to steal some from Mom. It was not enough time to absorb more then a taste of the city, and I shall return.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hey let's put a trip together some time this summer... I owe them a visit too!

Matthew said...

Sounds like a plan.