Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bad DRM, bad.

It looks like the new Microsoft Zune player will not play Microsoft's own PlaysForSure DRM( Digital Rights Management) music or video. Thanks to the DMCA it is also illigeal to strip off the DRM and play your music on a unsupported device, so your purchased digital music collection will probably soon be useless. I was excited about iTunes until I found out that once you purchase music you cannot download it later if you loose your copy. I don't understand why they don't do what Audible does and keep track of your purchases so you can get any book you have ever bought. Audible does have some DRM, but it isn't too obtrusive, and if need be later I can burn my books to a CD to listen to on any CD player.

I really enjoy lisening to audio books, this weekend I started Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and I will report back when I am finished with it.

This last Saturday at the Altadena church we had a "Vision Day" to look at where the church was and where it should be heading. I found the small church presentation was enlightning, and the entire day was a good process for the church. Hopefully the things that come out of it will edify us and glorify God.

On Saturday evening some of the young group took some of the Sunday school to the LA county fair. I think it was the biggest fair I have ever been to (considering before that I had only been to the Creve Coeur city fair in MO). We had a lot of fun, and I was really impressed with a group of acrobats. The amount of their lives they must dedicate to acheving some of those feats must be astounding.

No comments: