Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Woozy

Spinning, oh the spinning. Today I woke up a little dizzy. Man that does not feel good. I was also a little nauseated all day with a slight headache. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, cause I don't like this.

Apple today announced some changes to their iPod product line. The new shuffle is a cute little clip, but I was interested in the new 80GB video iPod. I got a white one.

Election season is coming up, and we have some really big messes to look forward to. Maryland's primary election had some problems today with their new electronic voting machines. While most of the article is about user error (they forgort to bring the cards that had the election information on them needed to run the machines), there is some about the machines themselves (at least one person had to unselect pre-selected votes on their ballot). I think that electronic voting machines could possibly be OK, but there are so many things that can go wrong. At the very least when you cast your vote the machine should print out a paper record that you can look at to confirm that your vote was right. These papers should be kept safe in case there is any question of vote tampering. There needs to be a physical record of the votes, because it would be too easy to tamper with a digital only record. I just don't get what is wrong with having paper ballots?

Wow, people are crazy. I think that Steve Irwin was very knowledgeable about the dangers that he faced, and considering only seventeen people have died worldwide from stingrays ever, I think they can be considered not very dangerous. It was less likely then being hit by lighting. He was a unique man who died in a very rare way.

Going to bed now for some well needed beauty sleep.

No comments: