Thursday, September 14, 2006

BrettspielWelt

Awhile ago I posted about the XBox 360 getting some german board games. When reading about that someone directed me to BrettspielWelt and I was interested, but didn't get around to trying it out. Last night I had the oppritunity to play with my cousin in Chicago, and we played Carcassonne on this system. The German is a little tough to get past, but it is possible to set most of the language in their client to english through a properties file. With some form of internet voice chat this was really fun. I don't think that it will be too difficult to get several people togather online to play some games. The client interface is a little clunky, but once we were in the game it worked great. I am really excited to try out some of their other games. Oh, and did I mention that it is free?

If anyone is interested I am usually on AIM after 6:30PM Pacific (8:30PM Central) with the name matthewschrenk, and I should be able to help others set up the client.

No comments: