Saturday, April 07, 2007

Surfing the wind

Peter and I set up a windsurfing lessen when we were on Maui, but on the day of the lesson we called in and found out that the wind was not cooperating, so we weren't able to go. I was pretty stoked about it, so yesterday I called into California Windsurfing, which is real close to me at the Foster City Lagoon. They set me up with some lessons this weekend, and I started today at noon.

I had been windsurfing once before with just a short one day lesson with Nathan and Kathy a number of years ago, but I don't remember too much from that lesson. So it was pretty much all new for me. During the lesson today I was able to stand up on the board, and get the sail up. I even was able to sail for about a minute 3 or so times. I really enjoyed it, and plan to keep going out.

I am not quite doing what the guy in the picture is doing just yet :)

No comments: