Sunday, April 15, 2007

You Get What You Need

This morning I listened to the morning service from Altadena using skype. I was going to listen to the afternoon service, however when I tried to call back both lines were busy. So instead I read Mark 13, which is for April 15 on the bible reading plan my parents and I are doing. I was struck by verse 11: "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost." I found it encouraging that in times of trial the Holy Ghost will be there to give us words to speak and help us.

This afternoon I hit the Foster City Lagoon once more and had a real blast windsurfing. Once I actually sailed across, turned around by tacking, and sailed back across the lagoon without falling. Today I was able to go much faster for longer periods. My turning is getting better while sailing, but doing a 180 degree turn is still fairly difficult.

Next weekend the California Schrenks are heading off to Yosemite for some camping and hiking. It should be a relaxing time.

Oh, Joy. I get to spend a lot of time today working on my taxes, *sigh*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Driving back from church today I saw 10-15 people windsurfing on Topanga Beach, it was super windy and fun to watch. I thought of you doing so