Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wild and Crazy Weather

It was an exciting weekend in Yosemite. Breathtaking, beautiful, rainy, cold, snowy. Yea. We got to our campsite on Friday evening and cooked up some english muffin pizzas over the fire. I thought I had come prepared for cold, but it was a little bit colder then I had imagined. I was wearing my warmest clothing all weekend.

Saturday morning the women attended a photography class/walk around the valley, and the guys headed up to mirror lake. That is where I got the photos with the mountain reflections. After lunch everyone took a short nap. We then took a hike over to Yosemite falls and caught the shuttle back to camp as the rain started. We had dinner under a camp gazebo as the rain poured down. After falling asleep to the rain splashing on the tent I woke up to an odd noise of something wet and heavy sliding down the sides of the tent. I heard Nathan moving around outside and asked what he was doing. He said, "You do know that it is snowing." Packing up camp with just one pair of gloves shared between Nathan and I was no picnic. We were not interested in doing anything in the valley today.

So, after the five hour trip back I headed to my apartment to relax a little. But the day was not over yet, so I headed out to Foster City Lagoon and got there about 4:00. I still had time for two hours of windsurfing before heading home. It was still light out by the time I got back. I love daylight savings time.

I finally uploaded pictures from my two trips during March.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You took some excellent pictures in Yosemite, Matthew. Makes me want to go there again. But not while it's snowing or raining....
Mom