Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Late Night Radio Talk

Out here on the west coast the late night radio talk shows can be heard just a little earlier. So I can hear a 2am caller from Florida at 11pm here. When I am in my car I find that the call in shows are actually better to listen to then music, because they can keep my mind more engaged and alert. I don't do much driving here at night, but tonight on my 7 minute drive home I listened a little.

They really are a different kind of people who call in at night to these shows. One caller was a repo man waiting for someone to get home to claim the car. The show was about sleeping problems (hence, night call in). The night shows seem to be a lot more personal information then day shows. Shows during the day are much more current events, news and such. All the night shows are personal stories, and I find them fascinating. I enjoy hearing about all the craziness that goes on in everyday America, and the call in shows provide that.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Matt! How are you? Just trying to do a little catching up, hence the comment on the "old" post. I also enjoy late night talk shows. I don't listen very often but the occasional all night drive somewhere or something like that!