Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sun and Fog

This afternoon I drove up to the city for a meetup board game group. We met in a little cafe just north of Golden Gate Park. I played a few games of Bang! and one game of Scrabble. All in all a good afternoon. On my way back down I drove along the Great Highway and enjoyed looking out at the sand and ocean. As I reached the southern end of the city it got real foggy, and I missed a turn and had to backtrack.

I always enjoy going up to San Francisco, it is a beautiful city with a lot of character. It has a reals sense of place. The next Saturday I am in the Bay Area I plan to take my bike on the train for the day and bike around the city. Really get a better feel for some of it, and hopefully avoid the bigger hills.

I spent the evening watching Arthur while Nathan and Kathy celebrated their anniversary. He behaved himself pretty well, and was not too much trouble. We watched an episode of Mythbusters, and part of the episode took place on the same beach I was driving along just a few hours before.

No comments: