Friday, August 25, 2006

In what color do Elephants Dream?

I just watched Elephants Dream and was very impressed. I think that this movie is cool for many reasons, one being that it was made using only open source tools, notably Blender. The other cool thing is that they offer it in HD, which comes out at 815MB for a movie just shy of 11 minutes. If you don't want to DL that much they have versions ranging down to 99MB, but the HD one is stunning to see if your monitor can display that size (which is 1920X1080). My monitor can only display up to 1600x1200 so it is not the HD aspect ratio.

I found that VideoLan was a good media player to watch it with. In fact I VideoLan is the best media player I have ever used and I think you should try it out.

I really wish I would take the time to learn how to use some of these tools like Blender, but I just never seem to get around to even learning the basics.

If you watch it, please throw out your theory of what it is about, I am a little unsure of what is going on.

No comments: