Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Titles? We don't need no stinking titles!

It has been a quiet week in Redwood City. I am looking forward to a long weekend down in southern California over the upcoming Labor Day weekend. For those of you not in LA that weekend, you are sure missing out.

Today I instituted a new policy, I will only lock my door from the outside with my keys. I was a little upset to find out when I got to work that I had forgotten my keys, wallet, and phone in my now locked apartment. I had to stop by at lunch to have the apartment manager unlock my door.

It looks like on thursday my Sumo Omni Tangerine will arrive. If I like it I will probably buy a few more to serve as my living room furniture. I will just have to decide what colors to get.

I also noticed the other day that commenting on my blog was restricted to only registered users, I have corrected this.

I also found out over the weekend that there is a diet drink that I really like, I just think that it has been a long time coming.

As I said, quiet week. All work and no play makes Matt a dull boy.

4 comments:

Tifani said...

nice....switch places?? mine's been crazy!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what is meant by "Titles? We don't need no stinking titles!" as it doesn't seem to be relevant to the post. However, I think "no titles" is a short step from "no authority" and anarchy.

Food for thought.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Ah, Matthew
Sorry about the previous comment. After further reflection, I understand that the title (headline) was the cry of a frustrated blogger and not the challenge of a fiery anarchist. As the song states "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

Sorry,

Dad

Matthew said...

Thanks for reconsidering my statement Dad. You are correct, in that I could not think of a title and was frustrated. I actually borrowed a line from the 1948 movie "The Treasure of Sierra Madre". The history of the quote can be found here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

"Badges!? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!!"