Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tracy meeting.

This Wednesday evening I met with some other AC's out in Tracy California. For me it was two hours there and one hour back. I really don't understand the traffic out. It would be fine with all the cars going 70 and then for no reason (no off-ramp or merging traffic) it would slow to a halt. Then fast once more, then stop. I just don't get it. I should post a picture of the group soon, but it was nice to meet the other centeral California AC's. Oh, yes and Greg and Carla Rassi from Chicago where there with their son Nathan (representing from St. Louis).

My brother and sister-in-law where helpful enough to purchase a bike on sale while I was gone. I will be riding to and from work to hopefully get some more exercise. This will also allow me to tour around town a little easier then on foot.

While in the car I also finished Jupiter by Ben Bova, which is part of the Grand Tour books by the same. I first started these books by reading Moonrise and was instantly hooked. That was way back in high-school if I remember correctly. Since then I have ticked off the books one by one, with about half of them still to go (7 books). The problem is that he keeps writing more of them. They are about the expansion of the human race out into the solar system in the 21st century. I really like this sort of "hard" science fiction. So on the way back from Tracy I started listening to The Rock Rats.

2 comments:

Tifani said...

You travel more than us KS people. Keep it up!!

Matthew said...

I have added a picture of the group at here.